In the state of Georgia, exterminators and wildlife professionals deal mainly with two kinds of rats: the Roof Rat and the Norway Rat. You may wonder what kind of diet each of these two rat species have; some argue that Roof Rats do not eat meat, and others will assure you that Norway Rats only eat greasy meats. After catching thousands of these animals, Forsyth Wildlife has experienced that both rat species eat meat, fruits, or vegetables, depending on what is available. Both species can be found in crawl spaces, living environments, and attics. It has been our experience that these unpredictable animals are impossible to classify based on diet. They are survivors and their unpredictable nature makes professional help a must.
Rat Management and Removal
When hearing noises at night it is very likely that your attic or structure is infested by rats. These creatures multiply very quickly and eat almost anything. From wood to insulation, rats can use a wide variety of materials to create nesting sites and favorable environments.
Problems with Rats
Rats can be very persistent and if they reach your home or business, they can spread diseases, they can cause damage even in hard surfaces and even contaminate your food or your pet’s food.
Among the most common problems our clients have encountered you may find:
- Damage property with their gnawing.
- They can damage insulation, pipes, doors, and even floorboards.
- Rats shred almost anything for their nests: Plastic, paper, etc..
- Contaminated food. If you suspect an infestation, be careful because their urine and droppings can transmit diseases.
Signs of Rats in Your Property
If you have found gnaw marks, or maybe those nasty small dark droppings, it could be a potential rat infestation. Don’t worry, check for these signs and call us to give you af free inspection: Forsyth Wildlife (678) 341-4945
- Rat droppings: Dark and small like a grain of rice.
- Rat holes: Their system for shelter, food storage and nesting.
- Rub marks, maybe some smudges on surfaces.
- Footprints or tail marks.
- Gnaw marks on wires, or items stored
- Rat nests
You can notice their signs easier than you can spot them because rats are usually most active during the night.
Don`t wait too much after seeing any of these signs to avoid that the potential infestation doesn’t spread any further. we can help! Talk to our experts about our fast effective methods and a free consultation.
Facts about Rats!
- Rats need to be excluded from human-inhabited buildings since they can be dangerous in many ways.
- Rat management is crucial if wires, cables, hoses, and pipes are existent in a building.
- Rats are known to chew on wires causing fires, chew on hoses causing floods, and chew on cables damaging entire networks.
- At the same time, rat excrement could be very detrimental to the health of humans and pets.
- Rats urinate and defecate at all times leaving their excrement on top of food and food preparation areas.
- Rat management is a must in all residential and commercial structures due to their rapid reproduction and potential to cause damage.
If you or someone you know suspects a rat infestation, please contact Forsyth Wildlife immediately in order to reduce damage and contamination.